Breakthrough Advisory Services
Pollination provides expert advice related to strategy, risk and governance, as well as law and policy, unlocking new value and helping you to build organisational resilience.
Climate change and the decarbonising of economies presents unprecedented physical and transitional risks, as well as significant opportunities in moving to net-zero, more climate resilient outcomes. We work with governments, corporates and financial institutions, to understand and manage these risks and build long term resilience for economies and businesses.
Our expertise and focus spans seven key sectors of the economy – agriculture, energy, financial services, healthcare, mining, transport and water.
Our advisory services include:
- Transition and decarbonisation business strategies, including corporate finance
- Structuring innovative capital market and investment opportunities
- Climate risk assessment and disclosure, including TCFD
- Board and executive leadership
- Stakeholder engagement
- Establishing and embedding ESG frameworks
- Industry coalition building and advocacy
- Carbon markets and other nature-based solutions
- Policy, legal and regulatory advice
Supporting our strategic advice, Pollination Law provides specialist legal advice on climate risk, investment, carbon markets and other nature-based solutions.
We believe that combining strategy, law and investment with policy is key to accelerating the transition to net zero. We work with governments and policy makers to develop law and governance systems that unlock the billions in public climate funding.
Capital Advisory and Solutions
Pollination’s Capital Advisory and Solutions combines expert transactional advice with our own capital, special-purpose and affiliated funds.
Our focus is on time-sensitive, challenging or complex opportunities that present a compelling risk-adjusted return. Our capital is agile in its mix of equity and debt, and decisive in its deployment.
Pollination builds long-term, trusted partnerships with investors that deliver mutual reward. Our transactional advice augments our ability to provide bespoke investment solutions. The thematics that we closely follow and the collective knowledge of Pollination enables us to “see around corners”.
Our global team, deep knowledge and unrivalled relationships in key sectors allows us to identify opportunities early and provides privileged access to deal origination.
Investment Platforms and Funds
Our experienced investment team and access to capital bring together platforms and funds for investments that accelerate transition to a net-zero, more climate resilient future.
Pollination invests globally, including a focus on Asia – responding to that region’s position as the world’s fastest growing middle-class consumer market and its vulnerability to the adverse impacts of climate change. Infrastructure investment required in Asia over the next 15 years is $20-30 trillion.
Our investments include innovative approaches to blending public and private capital and, where appropriate, risk transfer tools that enable the mobilisation of capital.
Harnessing our diverse expertise, we design and invest in breakthrough ideas that deliver financial returns.
We create investment-ready projects, and scale and coordinate capital to deliver them.
Our investment themes include:
- Nature-based carbon and agriculture, including forests, carbon farming, re-generative agriculture and ag-tech, water and blue carbon
- Sustainable, climate resilient infrastructure, including greening cities and the circular economy
- Digital infrastructure, including for efficient clean energy and infrastructure operation
- Industrial decarbonisation of high emitting sectors, including aviation, steel and aluminium
- Transport, electric vehicle infrastructure and networks
- Energy transformation, including renewables and hydrogen
Through Pollination Labs, we help scale ideas that have the potential to transform the sectors we advise on and invest in.
We focus on ideas that leverage our team’s expertise and networks to drive growth and value, and those which can be scaled up across multiple jurisdictions and supported by concessional finance to further leverage impact.
Our venture capital focus reflects our core investment themes.