In collaboration with IUCN Australia and RIAA, Pollination is hosting a four-part series for investors, corporates and organisations, to explore the emerging implications of natural capital and nature risk.
Webinar 2: Why do you need to consider nature risk?
Introduction to the TNFD process and what it could mean for investor and shareholder expectations around nature risk disclosure in Australia, including potential legal implications for directors. How leading businesses are practically addressing nature risk today.
- Geoff Summerhayes, Pollination Senior Advisor and former APRA board member
- Sebastian Hartford-Davis, Barrister and co-author of seminal legal opinion on directors’ duties with regard to climate change
- Hamish Reid, Director Sustainability & Brand, Synlait
Webinar 1: Why is natural capital important for business?
An overview of the growing interest and accounting for natural capital, including global declines in biodiversity, the shifting political landscape, and trends towards corporate nature and biodiversity commitments. Includes and announcement from Responsible Investment Australasia Association (RIAA) CEO Simon O’Connor about a new Nature Working Group for the RIAA community.
- Zoe Whitton (Host), Executive Director, Pollination
- Patrick Suckling, Senior Partner, Pollination and former Ambassador for the Environment
- Peter Cochrane, Councillor, IUCN and Chair, Sydney Institute of Marine Science
- Robyn Parkin, Head of Sustainability & Advocacy, Ethical Partners Funds Management
- Simon O’Connor, CEO, Responsible Investment Association Australasia and co-Chair at Australian Sustainable Finance Initiative
Sessions to follow in September and October.